Alright, now I’m sure that you all have many answers to the question, “What is a voice?”. Your answer may be in the context of someone voicing their opinion; it may be someone who has a beautiful singing voice, or for you English majors out there, it may be dealing with the active and passive forms of the voice. These are all correct perceptions of the word voice, yes. However, if you will give me just a few moments, I would like to share with you about another Voice– the voice of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
We see Jesus in John 10:25-30 speaking about his voice in regards to those who are his sheep (believers) and those who are not his sheep (unbelievers).
- 25. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not:the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
- 26. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
- 27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- 28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- 29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
- 30. I and my Father are one.
This passage of Scripture is so comforting to me as a believer. It assures me that once I received eternal life through salvation, no one and no thing can take me out of my Father’s hand. Amen!
Maybe the words salvation, eternal life, and perish are new to you—that’s ok! If you will continue reading, I would love to share more about this with you.
The Free Gift of Salvation
Do you know Christ as your personal Savior? Have you ever received the Lord Jesus Christ into your life?
Realize That God Loves You
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- God loves you and has a plan for your life.
The Bible Says That All Men Are Sinners
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- Our sins have separated us from God. God made man in His own image. He gave man the ability to choose right from wrong. We choose to sin. Our sins keep us from God.
God’s Word Also Says That Sin Must Be Paid For
- “For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23
- Wages means payment. The payment of our sin is death and hell, separation from God forever. If we continue in our sin, we shall die without Christ and be without God forever.
The Good News Is That Christ Paid For Our Sins
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- All of our sins were laid on Christ on the cross. He paid our sin debt for us. The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross, and He arose from the dead. He is alive forevermore.
We Must Personally Pray And Receive Christ By Faith
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
Lord, I know that I am a sinner. If I died today, I would not go to heaven. Forgive my sin, come into my life and be my Savior. Help me live for you from this day forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Everlasting life begins when we receive Christ as our Savior.